Tactica and Merit Motion Pictures created One Ocean Interactive, a website filled with award-winning Unity 3D games, interactive Google map tours, challenges and pledges, video, and audio, all integrated with social media sites including Facebook and Twitter. The site included:
This 3D undersea world dramatically increases brand engagement by tapping into the popularity of fun and educational casual games that integrate with Facebook.
These interactive guided tours harness Google Earth’s satellite and sonar image technology. The One Ocean Explorer is receiving worldwide exposure through inclusion in National Geographic, The BBC, and World Wildlife Federation ocean initiatives. Social media and contests were also integrated to help promote One Ocean.
The Time Machine
This educational tool takes users on an interactive journey through the history of the ocean and its exploration. Rich 3D renderings, video, and textual content helps users to discover and appreciate the complexity of the ocean and importance of protecting it.
The One Ocean Pledge
This tool encourages users to take action in their daily lives for ocean sustainability. Facebook integration, commenting functions, and partnerships with the Canadian Wildlife Federation, David Suzuki Foundation, and Living Ocean Society allow the One Ocean message to spread virally.
- Full episode video streaming
- Behind the scenes text and video content from directors and production staff
- Web content developed and integrated with educational resources including DVDs and cross-curricular classroom-ready resources
- Podcasts and webisodes
- Animal biographies, video, photos, and migration routes
- Meet the Experts – biographies, video, and photos of the One Ocean experts
- A Blog managed by Sarika Suzuki
- Free Downloads of One Ocean wallpaper and screensavers
- E-Commerce / Online Store directing users to the CBC website to purchase video, DVD and educational resources