The desktop version of this French grammar game, used by teachers and students for over 10 years, needed major updates: more exciting graphics and animations, fresh content, and new platforms (iPad and Android).
Tactica reimagined the entire story world and user experience, in collaboration with our clients, to create a game that students love.
The 3D animated characters have personalities and interactions that jump off the screen making kids laugh so they’re entertained while the learn. Students are motivated to play more and more because each new accomplishment unlocks more animations. Once they complete a level they can play a bonus game that let’s them makeup and record their own story.
To create an game that students genuinely enjoyed we:
- conducted extensive focus group testing (for design, character, colours, and game play);
- created compelling 3D characters, stunning visual design, and HD animated videos;
- streamlined game play to make it more intuitive for the user;
- focused on fun and encouragement by allowing players to earn stars, points, and access bonus content and games; and
- provided a soft assessment so the game adapts to the student’s skill level as they play.
Tréma is currently available on the Google Play and Apple App store. The game was tested in several schools and the response from teachers and students is overwhelmingly positive. Here’s what they said:
- “I love the animation and the music.”
- “I like that it’s fun while you learn!”
- “This makes me want to play every day. Your French can get better.”
The clients are thrilled with the results and all agreed it’s the best game they’ve ever produced!
Education Manitoba (DREF)
Direction des ressources éducatives françaises (DREF) manages French educational resources for the Manitoba school system.
Les Productions Rivard
Based in Winnipeg, Les Productions Rivard is Manitoba’s premier bilingual independent film, video and multimedia production company creating quality television productions – documentaries, variety shows and television series – in addition to working with corporate and community based organizations. Operating fluently in English and French, the company produces programming in formats ranging from regular video to high definition television for a variety of television networks including SCN, CTV, Vision TV, Radio-Canada, TVA, TFO, Canal D, RDI and ARTV.
Groupe Média TFO
Groupe Média TFO is a premium destination for children and audiences seeking educational and innovative content in French. It provides stimulating experiences and award-winning content on the cutting-edge of digital learning. The TFO channel, Mini TFO, and edululu.org, the first online evaluation and ranking service for educational apps in French and English, are some of the offerings of Groupe Média TFO.