Are you a talented visual designer with a passion for interactive digital media? We’re looking for senior and intermediate designers who want the opportunity to apply their creative skills to a variety of meaningful projects including mobile apps, games and websites.
Our culture, salary and benefits
Tactica is an award winning interactive digital media studio located in Winnipeg. We create websites, mobile apps, games, video and social media content for clients across Canada, US and UK. Our mission is to make the world a better place by continuing to push the boundaries of interactive experience design and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us. We have a great team and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your career with us. Our team enjoys:
- exciting and diverse projects,
- competitive salaries,
- professional development opportunities,
- flexible hours,
- health benefits,
- paid holidays, and
- free access to an onsite fitness centre.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for people that produce high-quality visual designs–from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices. Your designs inject dynamic beauty, reinforce language, and reflect brand in our products. You have attention to the details down to the last pixel, and a passion for making things people love.
- Craft beautiful apps, websites, icons, controls, and visual elements with great typography
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Two or more years of experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, and InVision.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
How to Apply
We love doing great work and working with motivated and creative people that are truly passionate about what they do. If you think this is you then please email a link to your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “User Interface (UI) Designer”. Be sure to include a description of at least 3 work samples with your application.