Are you a senior or intermediate UX (user experience) designer or UI (user interface / visual) designer looking for meaningful work in an environment rich with interesting projects and opportunities? At Tactica, you will collaborate with top talent to solve interesting challenges, while crafting mobile apps, games, and websites for health, education, and entertainment. You’ll be an important player on a team making a difference in the world.
We have permanent full-time, part-time, and freelance positions available.
You’ll help our team take ideas from the initial concept to launch and beyond by using your analytical and creative abilities throughout the design process, creating and developing UX flows, user journey maps, user test plans, wireframes, and high-fidelity visual designs. You have the option to work remotely or from our head office.
UX and UI Designer responsibilities
We understand the UX design and UI design are distinct disciplines, so you will be given opportunities to cross-train in both or specialize in one area depending on your aptitude and interests.
- Facilitate our clients’ product visions by researching, ideating, sketching, and testing high-quality user experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into deliverables: wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions, and features.
- Design apps and websites.
- Present and rationalize your design decisions based on design theory and usability research.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members (designers, developers, product owners, and project managers) and client stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Continually improve keeping yourself, and your design team, updated with the latest techniques and tools in UX and UI design.
UX and UI Designer education, skills and qualifications
- Three or more years of UI and UX design experience and a track record of excellence as demonstrated in your body of work.
- A post-secondary education studying design and applying it to digital products including apps and websites.
- High emotional intelligence, as demonstrated by your ability to put yourself in the mind of end-users.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication skills to convey processes, ideas, and solutions to your team and clients.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, usability, accessibility, and testing methodologies.
- A strong understanding of responsive design and the ability to design for both mobile and desktop screens.
- Passion for all things UX, design, and innovation as demonstrated by your showcase knowledge of current trends and technologies.
UX and UI Designer assets
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps, and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us.
Benefits of working with Tactica:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely;
- Paid holidays;
- Direct access to executives;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.
How to apply
- Send your CV/resume and portfolio or work samples to [email protected].
- In your email specify your preference for the full-time, part-time or freelance position.
Please note, this is a design role, not a developer or engineering role. Only candidates with a design portfolio will be considered.
- Business Development Manager
- Account Manager (Digital Media)