Do you want to take your UX (user experience) or UI (user interface / visual) design skills to the next level?
As a UX and UI Designer at Tactica, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with top talent to solve interesting challenges while crafting mobile apps, games, and websites for health, education, and entertainment.
UX and UI Designer overview
We are looking for UX and UI designers to help us take ideas from initial concept to launch and beyond. You will use your analytical and creative abilities throughout the design process, creating and developing UX flows, user journey maps, and more, to wireframes and mockups of high-fidelity visual designs. You will be responsible for the overall functionality within the product, working to iterate on it where possible to ensure great user experiences and user interfaces.
UX and UI Designer responsibilities
- Facilitate our clients’ product visions by researching, ideating, sketching, and testing high-quality user experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into deliverables: wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Design beautiful apps, websites, icons, and visual elements with great typography.
- Present and rationalize your design decisions based on design theory and usability research.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members (designers, developers, product owners and project managers) and client stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Continually improve keeping yourself and your design team updated with the latest techniques and tools in UX design.
UX and UI Designer education, skills and qualifications
- Three or more years of UI and UX design experience and a track record of excellence as demonstrated in your body of work.
- A post-secondary education studying design and applying it to digital products including apps and websites.
- High emotional intelligence as demonstrated by your ability to put yourself in the mind of end-users.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication skills to convey processes, ideas, and solutions to your team and clients.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, usability, accessibility and testing methodologies.
- A strong understanding of the responsive design and the ability to design for both mobile and desktop screens.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation as demonstrated by your showcase knowledge of current trends and technologies.
UX and UI Designer education assets
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- Understanding of Design Sprints; and
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely(from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Relaxing playing video games, watching Netflix; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.
How to apply
Send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Business Development Manager
- Account Manager (Digital Media)