Do you love breaking things and communicating how to make them better?
Tactica is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to help test and improve our websites and apps.
Quality Assurance Analyst
If you’re our next Quality Assurance Analyst then you’re analytical, detail-oriented, and a great problem solver. You love interpreting and implementing quality standards to ensure websites and apps are fully functional and user-friendly. You thrive in a team environment and collaborating with product owners, designers, developers, project managers, and our clients on a variety of diverse projects.
Quality Assurance Analyst Responsibilities
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are met.
- Implement and monitor test scripts to assess functionality, reliability, performance, and quality of the service or product.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Compile and analyze statistical data.
- Ensure that user expectations are met during the testing process.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Investigate user suggestions and product issues.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
Quality Assurance Analyst education, skills and qualifications
- Past experience in a QA role, or managing or developing web and/or mobile development projects.
- Experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA databases and applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience working with Agile teams and tools.
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely(from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Relaxing playing video games, watching Netflix; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.