Are you a product owner, designer, developer or project manager that wants to take their career to the next level?
As a Product Owner at Tactica, you will have the opportunity to be a product owner for mobile apps, games,and websites on exciting projects in a great working environment.
Product Owner overview
We are looking for a product owner to successfully lead products from initial concept to launch.
Product Owner responsibilities
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Product Owner education, skills and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a product owner preferred, but strong experience as a designer, developer or project manager will also be considered
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely(from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Relaxing playing video games, watching Netflix; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.
- Business Development Manager
- UX and UI Designer