Are you an exceptional communicator looking to accelerate your business development career with an established and growing digital media studio?
As a business development manager at Tactica, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with top talent to solve interesting challenges through mobile apps, games, and websites for health, education, and entertainment.
Business Development Manager overview
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated business development professional to be responsible for growing new business, broadening outreach in key markets, identifying and validating new opportunities, and reporting on progress. You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself while implementing strategies and building relationships that make a direct impact on the success of the organization.
Business Development Manager responsibilities
- Build and cultivate productive relationships with clients, prospects and key stakeholders.
- Set a clear strategy to achieve objectives, prioritize activities and implement tactics.
- Be accountable for measuring activities and results.
- Prepare proposals and present plans to potential clients effectively.
- Implement effective strategies to increase the satisfaction and success of current clients.
- Research, identify and analyze high-level customer requirements.
- Contribute to setting and executing inbound marketing strategies that increase customer awareness and engagement.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Business Development Manager education, skills and qualifications
- A degree or diploma in a related field or prior work experience in a similar role.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, and presentation skills; comfortable on the phone, by email and in-person.
- Strategic minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships with a history of success in sales or a similar relevant role.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and create work plans that reflect the priorities of the organization.
- Resilience, positive attitude and drive to set and meet challenging goals.
- Be excited about playing a role in developing meaningful interactive experiences.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be curious and interested in continual learning and development.
Business Development Manager education assets
- Experience with consultative selling or similar sales strategies.
- Familiarity with CRM practices, strategies, technologies and pipeline management.
- Understanding of the interactive digital media sector and knowledge of app, website or game development.
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely(from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Relaxing playing video games, watching Netflix; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.
How to apply
Send your CV/resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Full Stack Developer
- UX and UI Designers for Mobile Apps & Websites