Do you have an analytical mind and a passion for technology, mobile apps, and websites?
Tactica is looking for a Business Analyst to help plan and guide our interactive projects.
Business Analyst overview
You’re both analytical and empathetic with a success focussed attitude. You thrive in a team environment and love thinking of creative ways to solve problems and meet client needs. You’ll be collaborating with product owners, designers, developers, project managers and our clients on a variety of diverse projects.
Business Analyst responsibilities
- Work with product owners, project managers and/or directly with clients to determine project requirements
- Identify key goals, primary & secondary audience, and metrics that will be used to evaluate success
- Research and identify technical implementation options and work with project managers and developers during the implementation phase to find creative solutions to challenges and obstacles
- Evaluate technical solutions through comparative analysis, community reviews, discussions with the development team and first hand experience
- Create detailed work breakdowns and estimates
- Work with project managers and developers to create risk charters for projects as well as identify and mitigate any budget risks
- Work within established processes and assist in the improvement of existing process and procedure as well as develop new processes where applicable
Business Analyst education, skills and qualifications
- Past experience in a technical business analyst role or, experience managing or developing web and/or mobile development projects
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively within a high-level technical context
- Wide familiarity with web and mobile technologies, products and services
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in difficult or stressful situations
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
About Tactica, our culture, salary, and benefits
Tactica is an award-winning interactive digital media studio located in the heart of Winnipeg with clients across North America. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by creating engaging evidence-based health, education, and entertainment apps and websites. We want to push the boundaries of interactive experience design, and we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us.
We collaborate with researchers and brands around the world, including CBC, Ducks Unlimited, Oprah Winfrey Network, McGill University, Sick Kids Hospital, Columbia University, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, Travel Manitoba, Winnipeg Art Gallery, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and dozens more. We take on exciting challenges where we can make a difference.
You’ll love our new custom-built office located on Corydon Ave, near dozens of coffee shops, pubs, and delicious restaurants. Our team is passionate, mostly hilarious, and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your dream career with us. With Tactica you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful work contributing to projects that make a difference in people’s lives;
- Continual professional development through mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and dental benefits;
- Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely(from home or locations);
- Direct access to executives;
- Paid holidays;
- Free access to an onsite fitness centre;
- Endless free coffee, teas, and snacks;
- Participating in social team building events;
- Relaxing playing video games, watching Netflix; and
- Hanging out with like-minded people in a casual office with lots to learn and do.
How to apply
Send your CV/resume and cover letter to [email protected].