What if a fundraising product kept right on fundraising for you, long after you sold out?
Always ones to lend their audience reach to a good cause, Winnipeg’s HOT 103′s Ace Burpee Show contacted Tactica to create a t-shirt for sale in support of the 2011 earthquake & tsunami in Japan.
Tactica took the idea a step further. Selling a t-shirt to raise money is effective, but what if after the sale of the shirt, the wearer became an actionable billboard for further donations? A “mobile donation station”?
Incorporating a QR code that linked to the Canadian Red Cross’ mobile giving site, Tactica designed the t-shirt to become just that. A conversation piece, the QR code’s novelty attracted interest and helped spur donations.
Ace prepared a video to explain how to use the code, helping QR codes reach the masses in our city.
Interestingly, anywhere the image of the t-shirt appeared also became a donation opportunity, as the code continues to work in reproductions. The billboards HOT 103 prepared, for instance, were scannable from street level and offered another chance for concerned people to give.
By developing a novel charitable product that continues to offer donation capabilities past the point of purchase, Tactica helped the Ace Burpee Show to:
- Market t-shirts as a unique chance to share social values
- Increase donations to the Red Cross
- Increase t-shirt sales through novelty
- Spark conversation & encourage fans to spread the cause to their online and offline networks
Features & Technology
- Powerful graphic garment design
- Mobile friendly, secure online donations taking advantage of the trusted Red Cross’ existing mobile infrastructure
- Images of the graphic become a link to online donations anywhere, any time.